March 16-30, 2014
Surat Thani, Thailand
Yoga and Meditation Retreat in the Jungle
March 16-30, 2014
Klong Long Wildlife Sanctuary,
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Space is limited to 24 students, so this will be an intimate retreat in one of the most gorgeous wilderness parks (and oldest rainforest) in the world. Accommodation and the yoga shala are on floating rafts on a massive reservoir nestled against limestone cliffs and old growth rainforest.
Here's what you will take home from this program:
- Detailed yoga asana technique that highlights listening to the subtle cues of the body
- Modifications for certain postures appropriate to various stages and circumstances of life
- A solid foundation in sitting meditation practice
- An understanding of how to create a context for the practice
- Resources and references for continued education and guidance with practice
Early bird pricing until December 16, 2013:
THB 29,900 (approximately USD 989) per week
THB 54,000 or (approximately USD 1787) for two weeks
After December 16, 2013:
THB 32,900 (USD 1100) per week
THB 59,000 or (USD 1975) for two weeks
- Daily yoga and meditation instruction, group discussion, handouts
- Group transportation from Surat Thani Airport to the Lake venue and return
- Accommodation in floating bungalow
- Three meals per day, made by excellent local cooks. Fresh vegetables and fruits from the local market, fish from the lake, meats or other proteins from the daily local fresh market. Of course we can and will accommodate special food requests: vegetarians, vegan, food allergies, etc. Prior notice is appreciated.
- Beverages: Pressed coffee, black and local green tea, unlimited drinking water
- Kayak use, there are quite a few kayaks available
Additional expenses include:
- one time 200 baht National Parks of Thailand entrance fee
Additional costs you might like to have money for:
- masseuse 600 baht per hour for thai massage
- coconuts, beer, cokes and sodas
- a small retail shop on site carrying various yoga clothing and miscellaneous toiletries are available
- tips for staff (personal decision ñ if appropriate)
Please send a non-refundable deposit of $300 to reserve your place.
Send to Siam Commercial Bank (bank details available on request) or via Paypal account email@example.com
There are a couple of scholarships available to be awarded based on need. Work-study is also available for individuals with certain skills. Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you must cancel your booking, a refund (minus deposit) will be sent up to 90 days prior to the retreat date.
For more on the venue, please go to: www.jungleyoga.com
return to workshop list
© 1997-2013 Ashtanga.com