Produced by: David Garrigues and Joy Marzic
Region: All regions
Number of Discs: 2
DVD Release Date: October 2010
Run Time: 2 hours 36 minutes (Disc 1); 2 hours 7 minutes (Disc 2)
Disc One Features:
In-depth Fundamentals: An introduction to the set of practices that form the basis of Ashtanga yoga including:
- ujjayi (sound) breathing
- surya namaskara
- vinyasa (synchronizing movement with breath)
- jumping back and jumping through
Led Primary Series: 1 hour and 30 minute traditionally counted primary series that helps you develop a proper understanding of the rhythm and flow of the primary series vinyasa sequence and cleansing internal heat that stokes the fire of awareness.
Also includes interviews with David on aging, creativity and other aspects of yoga practice.
Disc Two Features:
1 hour and 45 minute Primary Series with Instruction: An inspiring and challenging home practice that centers around the 6 core aspects of the practice: asana (posture), pranayama (free breathing), vinyasa (movement with breath), bandhas (internal locks), dristi (gazing), dhyana (meditation). This session offers:
- a variety of verbal cues for becoming absorbed in the internal practices of Ashtanga yoga
- tips for transitioning between postures with flow and alignment
- in-depth asana and breathing instruction
- insights into devotion and the sacred nature of Ashtanga yoga
Asana Modifications: This section takes you step by step through many postures of primary series and will teach you how to troubleshoot difficult postures, think creatively to find variations that are right for you, and use props without sacrificing flow.
Personal Biography of David Garrigues
© 1997-2014 Ashtanga.com